Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Stormy Heavens


This is what I woke up to this morning

The last few mornings have been gorgeous and last night we had a thunderstorm and there were warnings about the weather for today and the wind. I've been riding my motorbike to work lately, but thought today I didn't want it to get blown away with the wind and it was a good choice.

You were lucky to see much out of the window from all the dust that was surrounding Sydney today





The wind really picked up in the afternoon and getting out of the truck to take the pictures, it felt like I was about to be blown away.




Not your usual view of lovely Sydney, but it was an interesting day, when I got home I was glad to shower and get rid of all the dust and grit built up. Actually it reminded me abit of working for uncle Tom and sanding his log cabins and then coming home and you'd have dust and sawdust everywhere you could just about think of.

6 comments:

Watson said...

They might have to give the Opera House a dust now. Lucky Dad got home last night or he would of been in the emergency room with an asthma attack.

Kylie's blog said...

How eerie! Hope it stays away from our pristine state!

Anonymous said...

totally weird weather Chrish!!
Love Mum.
xxx

The Kings said...

What a crazy day, It was all over the news here.

Simone Triffitt said...

Woah that looks really eerie.

Nettie's Blog said...

Man that nature sure knows how to put on a show doesnt She.....
Sarah(my daughter) in Brisbane coped it too ... she had just done all her cleaning and shed a tear because she had to do it all again ever though she shut the house up and tried to block it out...