Sunday, October 3, 2010

Rams Footy Presentation night



Last night we had our annual football presentation and it was bigger and better than usual.



U18's best and fairest winner Matt Payne, who also won best and fairest for the u18's Sydney comp.


I took alot of photos of everyone on the night, so just thought I'd show a few.

There was a tie for first grade best and fairest this year, Lachie on the right won the Sydney best and fairest as well, but Dave got enough to catch him in the club vote.


I just thought this was a cute pic of the little kid with his Dad and his trophy, he seemed really proud of him and told him to put on his medal.


A couple of familiar faces I always sit with every year :D


I  hadn't got a vote since swapping clubs to Penrith in like 6-7 years of playing, but this year it was interesting to sit there and watch while the votes were read out and actually hear my name come up  few times.  Club voting is different to Sydney comp voting as one of my team mates won the Sydney best and fairest, but only came third in the club best and fairest.


One of the first things Ande said to me, was about where I'd come from a year ago, just having finished the third of my operations and hadn't been playing footy really for a couple of years and here I was getting best and fairest for the Rams reserve grade.


       We had a band this year, who after the awards and formal part of the night  took over.

                          Some of the boys watching the big screen of the grandfinal game for the first time.

3 comments:

The Kings said...

So awesome Chrish!!! Well done!!!!! Congrats

Anonymous said...

It is amazing to see you so well, after all that has happened to you.
You are a real champion Chrish in many ways.
I'm proud of you.
Love Mum.
xxx

Watson said...

Well done Chrish! I think we need you to come and help at the football game. Your game play reminds me a lot of Cyril Rioli. I've barely seen you play footy, but when you played basketball, you were swift and never gave up and would get steals that people weren't expecting.