Thursday, February 17, 2011

10 years



 Today one of the managers asked me to come into his office and I said to him, what have I done now.  I'm not used to going to the office unless something has happened, so I reluctantly went in and he goes to me, I'm sorry to have to do this to you, so I said ok, just tell me what I've done and he goes, I have to apologise, but work lost this and he then says to me I hear you have been with the company for ten years.  It was a bit of a relief to realise what I was getting and I wasn't in strife.

Who would have thought that ten years ago, I'd leave Tassie for Sydney, let alone work for the one company for ten years, it wasn't something I'd even thought about.  I'm on a pretty good wicket with StarTrack, they look after me pretty well, with how much time I've needed off since 02 and all the hospital visits,  guess thats why im still with the company.

6 comments:

The Kings said...

That's nice that they recognize you like that. Long service leave then?!

Kylie's blog said...

10 years in one place is a big deal these days - well done.
Now you should come home!

Watson said...

Great Chrish. Do you get long service leave? It has gone fast!

Cullis Family said...

That is lovely that they recognise you have been there 10 years. Well done to you cause people don't tend to 'stick' around long now days!

Pays said...

I'm the visitor from good ol' Orem, UT ;) I've been wondering who the mysterious visitor from Sydney, Australia was...thanks for letting me know ;) (ha ha!)
Congratulations on your ten years. They should have given you more than that for having to put up with people who drive 10 miles an hour in the pouring rain with their hazards on :)

Country/City Boy said...

Something like 8 weeks long service leave is the rumour, wasn't told anything official about leave, so its all rumour and induendo.

Nice one Lori, now you know whose stalking you ;)