Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thought it was trouble

Today like the last couple of months I rocked up to work and got my work for the day. With the economy going the way it is, we haven't been getting much work and some days I get moved to another section to be able to work for the day. Today I only had three deliveries given to me and they were all in the local area, so I went and got my truck and thought I'd try to find some work in a different area. I came back down and one of the other drivers asked me what I had to do and I told him three drops, so he goes, we could just combine them and still do it all, he only had 6 deliveries and a couple of pickups, so we talked to the boss and he goes, no problem, So I parked up my truck and jumped in the passenger seat with him for the day.

While we were waiting for our freight we had a bbq put on for us and afterwards I was on the forklift looking for some pallets and drinking away on a can of lift. One of the big bosses was standing around and one of my bosses came up to us and go, you two need to go into the office, we were trying to get out on the road, so we said why and he goes because frank says so.

We reluctantly go in and there are a few people in there and Andrew goes, what do you want us for? Another of the bosses goes, we don't want you, we want Christian and the first thing I said was, what have I done, am I in trouble for drinking while operating a forklift and he goes yes. Frank, the big boss comes up to me and he gives me a certificate and an envelope and shakes my hand. Seems as though I got driver of the month in November and they were finally getting around to giving it to me. The envelope had a $50 gift card for coles/myer, so that was a nice suprise.

It was alot better than getting a kick up the pants :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go!! What a nice suprise :)

The Kings said...

Awesome Chrish!!! Congrats!! That is great. Buy lots of chocolate with it :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was great Chrish, and I,m glad you didn't get a fine for drink driving.
Yes, definately better than a kick up the pants.
So what are you going to get with the money?
Just as well I,m not up there. because I would have whipped that certificate into a frame, and had it up on the wall!!!
Love Mum.
xxx

Simone Triffitt said...

Oh I would have been real worried. What a lovely surprise instead.

Paige said...

What a nice surprise. Free is always good-well almost always.

Watson said...

Well done Chrish! You must do a blog post of what you spend it on. If you need some ideas, I am very willing to help!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! That is good news! But November driver of the month??? Seriously they are a bit behind!