Saturday, April 30, 2011

Goldcoast Easter 2011


 The Easter bunny turned up and put eggs out in the backyard of Dave and Ande's house, only problem was he didn't take into account the heat and by the time the girls got home to search for the eggs, the hollow eggs were slightly melted and squishy.  Hint to the Easter Bunny, please remember to put them out as late as possible next time, if you get the job of scattering them about.  Oops, luckily the freezer refroze them enough after the collection.





 On Easter Monday Dave's brother John and his wife Kate  and their daughter Laura, came down to spend the day with us.  Kate was a friend growing up and we had alot to do with her family as her Dad was our bishop and we used to stay over there a fair bit when they lived in Tassie before moving away.








I spent awhile sitting near the water with my camera as their was this pelican sitting a little out on the water and I was waiting for a perfect shot of it, but it never came about, but I shot this while waiting.


 Laura








 John decided that we needed to go to the skate park and he showed off some of his moves, while Ande and I snapped away, Kate wanted us to get some photos of him crashing, haha.












 Dave loves teasing us about always having a camera about.

 Was pretty good weather for the few days up there, it kind of reminded me of Tassie weather though, with all the seasons at times.

It's funny what kids remember, last time I was up there and I was playing around with Monique, I'd capture her and hold her down and she's try to escape and I'd tell her nope, your mine forever and this time up, when we fooled around, she'd say to me Chrishy, am I yours forever?  And I'd say yep you are, it was pretty cute.

1 comment:

The Kings said...

oh Monique is cute saying that! So hang on a sec - Kate is Kate 'Zeisel' and she's married to Dave's brother!? I never knew that!!