Thursday, April 28, 2011

Just a drive up the road.


 What do you do when you have 5 days off work for Easter and ANZAC day and the airfares to Tassie are over $700 return? 


 Got in the car and decided to head north across the border to see the canetoads, just a little drive of 900 km's or so, heading off at just after 12am.


I arrived in QLD kind of unannounced as I had lost my phone the day before, so I found myself all alone for awhile, so went off to visit Konnie, who happened to be away for the holidays as well, so next stop was a visit to Uncle Howard and Auntie Marilyn, to find out, they werent home as well, so I decided to go explore a little.  Last time I was up there we went to a pool out in the canefields and so I headed out there and there was a storm brewing, so I was waiting for the lightning to crack and to capture this amazing photo, which didn't happen, as the lightning never came.






 Two of my favourite girls, Poppy and Monique.


 The day after getting there, we went to the beach, it was a pretty warm day when the sun was out, warm enough for even me to go in the water a couple of times.





 A little beach babe.





 My hosts for the weekend, Ande and David.


 Just a stroll down towards the ocean and these two were playing in the shallows.








 


Quite a fun day, just as we were leaving, I spotted some people who looked familiar driving in to the car park.  Lanai and her family, had popped an hour down the coast to see a friend of her husbands and by sheer coincidence on any of the beaches we could have been at, we ended up at the same one.  Later on we went to a park at Coolongatta and had tea.

5 comments:

The Kings said...

You are brave to take that drive, especially on your own, but i'm glad you did it. I didn't realise you saw Lanai and the family. Very cool! I LOVE the pic of the cain fields and the dark clouds.

Kylie's blog said...

Looks like it was well worth the trip. Those girls are so gorgeous (or is it just your spectacular photography?)

Anonymous said...

Halo!I liked yours photos..very nice..you are a traveler in this really coll...Easter..I was traveling home on the internet..rsrsrss
I invite you know my Blog too..have a translator for the English..
You always live there or even Coutry and other??..

www.vertuelleszuhause.blogspot.com

Country/City Boy said...

Why thanks Kylie, they are pretty Gorgeous most of the time :)

HandS said...

it's been years since I was in coff's harbour.. spent Christmas there...one lady was RS president and Primary President , too... 40 active members...I even looked into the hospital for work...my little girl was 4...so.. 24 years ago... yakes!...how time flies!..