Thursday, June 12, 2008

Recycling

Now I don't know about you guys, but I'm not much of a recycler. I think in the year and a half that I have lived here I might have filled my bin half way once, usually I will just throw it all in the main bin and get rid of it.

Imagine my astonishment when I was bringing back in my bin last friday and I placed it next to the recycle bin and found it to be full to just about the top.

Now my first reaction was to blame the neighbours, who else could it have been? But I have come up with alternative ideas on how it came to be full. Perhaps Aliens?? Seems like it could be, maybe they have seen the errors of our ways and want to help out the poor earth heathens, who don't do the right thing?

I think the more likely scenario though would be sleep walking and working. My selfconscience after I'm asleep is waking me to enough of a state to get out of bed and seperate the recyclables from non recyclables and then to open the door and head to the bins. What else really could it be?

Just one thing I've thought about though, there are many bottles and things that I never buy in the bin now. I've heard of sleep walking and talking, but sleep driving for things I never buy? I shall have to think more on the subject.

3 comments:

The Kings said...

ha ha Chrish! You are naughty not recycling!! Everyone is doing it:)

Anonymous said...

I think some Greenie is trying to make a statement Chrish! Next you'll find green shopping bags at your front door if you don't start recycling.
Nicki

Jack Prebble said...

haha we have to recycle...

in Longfod where we live the trash and recycling is picked up every fortnight.. and with 6 peeps in our family the rubbish bin fills up very quickly.. so taking out the recyclables saves room!
so our reason for recycling is selfish =P

I'm finding the Alien story most plausible.