Sunday, April 25, 2010

Lest We Forget

This is the first year that Pop hasn't been around for an ANZAC day march, it was always special to see him march in Deloraine and see his smile and proud look. Pop has always been my hero, the person I would look up to and would always want to be around.  

Sometimes hero is a word used too frequently, but not so with Pop, he served in the war and would do anything for anyone, there was one time when one of my cousins and I were staying in Pop and Nan's old shack with both of them, and a pack of bullets accidentaly got knocked into the fire and with Nan, my cousin and I in the room, the bullets started to go off and Pop came rushing in and grabbed us all and pulled us out.



You will be missed everyday, love you and Nan for your examples

4 comments:

Paige said...

Pop was such a handsome man...I can definitely see a family resemblance.

The Kings said...

Hard to believe Pop really isn't here for the march this year.

~ fiona j harding ~ said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Chrish. You must be feeling pretty ordinary today :(
Thinking of you......

The Jacks said...

Thanks for sharing. He was such a wonderful man