Sunday, March 30, 2008

Footy

So Yesterday we went for a car drive into the country side and I must admit it wasn't nearly as dry as what it is around Dunorlan at the moment. We headed out to a place called Orange to play a trial match of footy. Orange is just a little over three hours from here, and to get there you pass by Lithgow. Lithgow was my last area of my mission and as we drove past, I was amazed by how many memories came flooding back, by just the sight of the place.

I went up to Orange with Dave and Ande and there two girls Monique and Poppy, Mon and Poppy are both under 3, so I jammed in between them and their car seats and off we went. If you need some help with singing kids songs, I think I might be the man for you now. Hi5, play school and a heap of other cd's are now in my memory. I must admit we did have some fun and Monique and I were rocking out in the back seat.

As for the footy game we played 6 15 minute periods and the coach played me for all but 5 minutes, so I'm slowly getting back into it. He asked me the after the game for an honest answer of how i'm doing, so I gave him one and said I might be right to play forward line in reserve grade, but he goes we shall see. I wonder what you really need to do to get out of first grade. haha. Oh well I'll just do what I'm told for the year. We ended up losing by 8 points after being down by 45 with a little over two periods to go. I have a sore shoulder and sore knee from getting my head and body rammed into the ground.

Oh yeh, there were also a couple of tv stations there filming the game and also did some interviews afterwards, with the coach and a couple of recruits, so during the week there will be some footage on the news. Hopefully the club will be able to get some footage for us to watch

2 comments:

The Kings said...

Chrisy - you are just too good for reserve grade! Take it easy - don't want to over do it. Glad you didn't play for long. We thought you may have been at Orange on a hot date, but then Steph and Scarlet said you wouldn't find a hot date there! :)

Anonymous said...

don't get me started on Lithgow - I LOVE that place. Definitely my favourite area (and best trainer!)