Sunday, March 30, 2008

A lil of Tassie

So I've been home for nearly a week now and I think I'm settling back in, heading back to Tassie seems to have an unsettling effect on me. Tuesday I was wishing I was still in Tassie. Kinda weird, when I didn't really do anything or see anyone but my family, and only when they came and visited me. My excuse is I'm sick of driving, I was in Tassie and didn't even want to drive to Deloraine.

While down I spent a little time with Eden up on his roof trying to get the iron on and screwed down, most of the time it was good but one day, the wind came up and started whipping some tin off while we were on the roof. At the time we had to hustle and try to get some rocks on the iron to hold it down, looking back now it's kind of funny, and luckily for Eden wasn't expensive, just a couple of sheets that he was able to use again blew off and the sarking also went flying down to the new fence. We learnt after that time to make sure we screwed down the iron before going to far. I had quite a good time with Eden, even if I was more a hindrance than a help. Jared came on the saturday and helped too.

It was good to see all the family, all the nephews and nieces are growing up. The easter egg hunt was quite fun, we had to tackle Jay to keep some eggs for the younger kids to find, even though Lisa divided all the eggs up at the end. I think some of the adults were more kid like than some of the kids.

I also got to run Nan and Pop around one day so they could do some chores, was good to see them and spend some time with them and talk about some of the stories growing up with them. I remember one night we were staying with them at the old hut near the bridge and one of the cousins accidently knocked a packet of bullets into the fire and they started going off and Pop came rushing in and pulled all three of us out of there. There's heaps more stories of why I love Pop and Nan, I think we all have them.

1 comment:

The Kings said...

We didn't mind driving out to see you Chrish. It was nice to catch up again.