Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Westie?

I think I've started to integrate into the westie society. I can see a few of you wondering what the heck a westie actually is. Elissa probably knows better than me, but this is what I see it being.

Out here towards Penrith is the Western suburbs of Sydney and we have the cheaper housing, but we also have the reputation of being a baby capital for unmarried young single girls and unemployed guys, which isn't exactly true, but that is the stigma attached.

Another thing is shorts and tanktops or trackies, a top and ugg boots. You can always see someone down the street in uggies. Theres a few of my friends up here who have uggies and I've always given it to them about being Westies, so last year for my birthday and for a joke they bought me a pair. I believe Mum was the first person to use them, I've never really liked them, so since I wouldn't wear them, she did while she was up.

Yesterday was my second day home sick, and so I needed a doctors certificate to get paid. Anyone who knows me decent, knows I'm nearly always in trackies and a tshirt, and yesterday I was freezing, so I had on a fleecy jumper as well. Here comes the sordid confession, My feet were cold, so I actually had on my uggies on and even going to the doctors I thought, why not, just wear them it won't hurt, so I did. I thought I'd have company in the surgery but it was just me, oh the shame.

After the doctors I went over to my friends and they noticed right away and had a smile on their face. I have to admit, my feet are nice and toasty now :)

So perhaps I have integrated??

5 comments:

The Kings said...

Ha ha Chrish!!! You must really be feeling bad! Don't knock ugg boots! They are great. In the winter I will often pop down to the supermarket at night with uggies on - no shame here! LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi Chrish, don,t put down the good old uggies. So glad I broke them in for you,though I didn,t know they were a joke. I think I,ve got about 5 pairs of uggies,just waiting to see how long it takes Steph to crack and get herself a pair Love Mum xxxxxxxxxxx

Carli said...

You are definitely a Westie! The fact that you actually own your own home means you are in the upper class of Westie society though :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, so are you suggesting i am a westie then?!? I actually lived 'above' the westies, by about 15 minutes Chrish, get it right ok!!!

Simone Triffitt said...

I laughed so much at this post. You're a Tasmanian first and uggies were invented down here. I'm glad you have joined the club.