Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Brothers!

 Growing up these two and I got into plenty of trouble.  It's funny how you grow out of things as you get older, we usually got along great, but there was times we all wanted to throttle each other.  I'm sure we drove Mum and Dad batty with our motorbikes and all the noise at all times of day and sometimes at night too, there was even times when one or two or all of us would come home with scrapes and/ or blood and we'd try to hide it if possible.  I do blame Mum and Dad for buying us motorbikes and living on a farm though.

My little RM80, used to love it and could pop it up on the back wheel on our track that we had made out in one of the paddocks.  We used to rip that paddock up pretty well, I don't think we were ever really grateful for those days and Dad letting us wreck his paddock with a proper track with jumps, and stutters and table tops and the other side of the paddock just getting ripped to shreds with a lap track.

Eden, Jared and I were early entrepeneurs, I remember one day when we all decided we wanted some honey, and on our farm we had these bees in a tree down in our creek paddock and growing up we saw how you had to smoke the bees out of the hive, so being smart, we decided we'd get their honey and lit the brush up around this tree the bees were in.   After awhile we saw the foley of our ways and saw the smoke wasn't going in, so we put the fire out and decided to go hunting instead as we all had pellet guns.  While we were hunting Dad came along and grabbed us and said Pop (our Grandfather) had been driving down the road to his riverflats and had seen smoke coming from our creek, seems as though the fire had restarted and so we had to go back down there and put it out properly.  I remember there being a church activity that day down at my Pop's riverflats and I remember thinking and hoping than Mum and Dad wouldn't tell everyone what I had done.  I wonder what my brothers remember about that day!! :D

 Jared and I lived together for awhile in Deloraine before I ended up moving to Sydney, was a good time, he did most of the cooking! :)  I got to be a part of his reception when he married the lovely Bec and they now have a little brood of three kids who I love heaps.  It's always good to go home and catch up.

Eden moved to Sydney soon after hiss Mission to NZ and him, a friend Joel and I shared a flat in Penrith for a few months, I remember him and Joel sharing a little room together and having these single mattresses on the ground and I had my own room with a queen bed as I had work already at for a freight company.  Some weekend mornings, I'd get up to go to the toilet  and when I went to jump back in bed, who did I find hiding under my covers, but the both of them, it was quite cozy with all three of us in there, and they would grin their faces off.

 Eden eventually ended up marrying his wife lovely Steph and went his own way and Joel and I rented a house for awhile and I eventually needed to move out, so I moved out to Richmond and shared a two bedroom flat again with Eden and Steph, then we eventually moved into a house in Windsor that they had bought to renovate as Eden had left the freight company we all worked for and had done an apprenticeship.  I look back now and wonder when he was doing all the renovating, what was I really doing!?  I payed no attention to what he was doing and now with ahving my own house, I'm always ringing him or Jared up and going so.......  How do I do this or that to the house...  Moral of the story being if you know a handy man or tradie, watch what they are actually doing and get tips as one day they may leave Sydney or where you are and you might need the expertise.  It was a sad day when Eden and Steph moved back to Tassie.

Love you two heaps!

2 comments:

Stephannie said...

It was the bee story was one that Eden was telling Chloe and Lachie the other night

Becky said...

Love this post. I love the bond between brothers...I'm watching Kaleb and Brady playing together as I type this. :)