Sunday, March 25, 2012

That time of the year.


 I may not look excited, but this time of year is one of my favourite parts of the year.  After having been training for what feels like months and months, we actually get to be able to pull on the boots and get into other teams instead of just guys from the club.  Yesterday we had our first trial match of the year after the first few games being washed out because of the rain and it was fun to run around, get a few kicks and hand passes, boot a couple of goals and see what the team is going to look like for the year.

 Last night was also the start of the first round of the AFL and Sydney and the new Western Sydney team opened up the round with the only game for the weekend.  While I was waiting for the game I got a text message that said it was from Aaron King and said "have fun at the footy". It felt like normal times with Aaron and I messaging back and forth if I was at a sporting event about what was happening, but it was just Aaron's name stored in my phone of course and my nephew Jalen now has his Dad's phone, so thanks it was nice to get a text Jay Jay.


 The Sydney Swans first out of the blocks.


 The new boys the GWS Giants running on for their first game.







 Lining up for a minutes silence for Jim Stynes who passed away during the week and also for the Australian national anthem.

 The first bounce of the season and the teams are into it.


The two mascots squaring off, was a good night and was some pretty good footy at times!  Now just for the mighty Crows to roll into town and I'll be extra excited!

No comments: