Saturday, January 26, 2008

Remember When


I had a delivery to the back of no where the other week and as I was driving down this dirt road I came across this tent city. It reminded me of growing up and how we as a ward in Devonport would have our annual easter camp and raft race.

Those were the days, the easter egg hunt at night and then getting up early the next morning to go scrounge the eggs, because you could now see them. The bike riding with everyone else and the freezing water while swimming.

Whatever happened to those days? Would be nice to get together and get the tradition started again.

4 comments:

The Kings said...

Ah - the good old Easter Camp days! They are good memories. Especially the raft race and all the water fights and running under Pop's huge irrigation sprinkler.
I see you are becoming a real blogger now - taking your camera with you everywhere! :) Good to see.

Country/City Boy said...

Well I don't have a real camera Marge, but my phone seems to be doing ok with shots.

I'll eventually get another Camera

The Kings said...

Your phone!? Wow - you wouldn't know you had taken those photos on your phone. They are turning out good.

make it perfect said...

you know, i was just thinking about that the other day...i have had a huge camping urge lately, want to start the tradition with my family. we really should organise a camping reunion...perhaps at easter time!