Monday, July 28, 2008

22 days

So it's been just over three weeks since I came to hospital and as of this moment I'm sitting on my bed and waiting for the doctors to bring me my discharge papers and other things that I need.

Yesterday I had my last central line taken out, so I felt human again and not machine, the central line was there to give me all the extras I needed as my body was pretty shot and wasn't getting the nourishment it needed, so I was on a few different bags of goodies and things to help the body to recover abit better than just the little food it was getting.

Just saw the surgeon who did my operation and she was telling me I needed to come back in next week, and I go do I need to, I'm thinking of going to Tassie, and she looks at me and goes, your not going anywhere yet, you can't leave the state. I have more appointments beforehand and she has some names in Tassie for me to see incase of emergency, plus more appointments when i get back here, so it's all ahead full in trying to get better. It looks like another year before I get to come back in and she will do more surgery on me, hopefully I'll be huge by then, haha, doubt it, but you never know. I've never been big, but right now I'm skinny as, I've lost a fair bit of weight, that I can even see, the scales are loving it not having a huge weight on them.


My mojo came back yesterday, I flogged mum in cards this time, it was a good time filler/killer. The afternoon snooze was looking great, mum had a good catnap and then Daniel Rance came and picked her up and took her to the Rances for tea for the night. I think she will be glad to be able to go home soon. she keeps telling me Sydney is a nice place to visit, but she'd never want to live here. Everyone to their own I guess, Sydney actually feels like home to me now, I've been here 8 years and have some awesome friends who always make it alot easier when your away from your family.

Anyways hope everyone is great and your having a good day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you're getting better old man - I've been following your feed but I didn't know you'd had an operation!!

Take it easy :)
Paul

Vienna and Ricky said...

Wow Chrish, sorry we never made it out to see you... we thought you were out a while ago. As for Lachlan Matthew, what a stupid name (: Just kidding I love it and think it will suit the newest Triffitt nicely

Chelsea Parsons said...

Chrish, I can see how blogging runs in the family. You have a lot to say! I had no idea you were in hospital and had a good old read going back on your blog. What was actually wrong with you???? Glad to hear you are being discharged though. Eat well, take it easy and hope you get back to normal soon!

Country/City Boy said...

Hey Paul and Chelsea. I've had a bowel disease called ulcerative colitis for the last 6 years, it's abit like Chrohns disease, and it's slowly gotten worse and worse over the last year, and the last couple of months it got to the stage where I couldn't do much at all and so I had an operation to remove the large bowel over the last few weeks. I'm a little sore and tired at the moment, but hopefully a little further down I'll see the benefits of having it done and being able to get more of my life back.

Chelsea Parsons said...

oh wow, Chris, I hope things pick up for you and the operation sorted things out. So are you gunna come back to Tassie for some R&R? Soudns like you need a rest.