Sunday, July 27, 2008

Time to Blog

Sunday morning 8.58 am.

Blogger update as I'm wide awake now and can't see myself falling back to snooze away the morning, more than likely this afternoon.

Things seem to be going pretty good, I've been on a light food diet again for the last two days and so far so good. The first night I had a bit of a problem with a slight blockage that hurt for like 3.5 hours, but then it pushed through which was a good thing because this time last week, I was up to the same stage of eating and feeling pretty good and then bang downhill. Everything is now working like it should be and the talk from the doctors is if I can tolerate more food for the next 2-3 days, then early to mid week I should be out of hospital after over three weeks of being here.

On Friday I was feeling pretty good, so I thought I need some phone credit and might get myself a newspaper to read, so thought I'd go for a walk down to the newsagent, which isn't that far away, but by the time I had made it about half way, I was just about slumped over. By the time I got my lil goodies, the lady behind the counter I was leaning on, goes this time this time tomorrow you will be doing backflips out of here, I go that would be nice. By the time I had made it back to my bed, I was absolutely spent and after a few days of no pain killers it was time to take some more as it felt like someone had whacked me in the stomach with a baseball bat over and over again. Small steps at a time from now on, I always knew walking was bad for you.

I also now have no machines attached to me, so i'm more mobile and doing what I want more, although we have left the central line in this time, so incase of problems, I won't have to go back to ICU and get it put back in again, so without those things, you start feeling human again.


Mum has been up and yesterday brought up some cards so we could play, she showed me a new game, which she promptly won, then we got onto our old favourite, gin rummy. I'm always a show at this game and had her on the ropes, whooping her, then a break in play broke up my mojo, as the Rances came for a visit. They are up just about everyday to see me, or if not them their son Daniel comes by everyday, just to say hi if only for a few minutes and to see if I want or need anything. Lets just say, mum cleaned me up after this and she has all the gloating rights at the moment, but I will be back.

Last night there was nearly a showdown with some polynesians, I haven't had my tv put on for the last few weeks, but last night was the Sydney-Adelaide clash of AFL. The ironic thing being that Dave, one of my great friends and I and also heath follow Adelaide, and every year that they play here in Sydney it's on a Sunday afternoon, so we miss out. As the draw came out for the year we discussed with interest how it was a saturday night game this year and so we all planned on going and watching our beloved crows play and beat Sydney. The problem as of last night was i'm in hospital, Dave is away in Adelaide with work and Heath is in Qld with work also and so we all missed out once again. Dave's wife Ande thought it was hilarious.

So back to the story, without the tv being on, I thought maybe the patients lounge will have a tv and I'll get to see some of the game, so a few minutes before 7.30 I wandere on down hoping to see a square box. Luckily there was one there and it was on and I had the place to myself, so I switched on over to the right channel and sat on down. After the start of the game, I had these polynesian guys come in, who were visitors and they sat for awhile and started talking about the rugby union or rara as we call it and then one of them gets up and starts to change the channel on the tv, so I go "hey, what are you doing", and the other guy goes to him, put it back. Australia was playing the all blacks.

They kept on wandering back in for awhile, but gave up after abit, as I wasn't letting my hold of the game go. Just for the record, the Crows won once again.


The time has actually not seemed so slow in here, sleep fills in a fair bit of time, along with reading and visitors and movies. Thanks to those who have offered to send dvd's up for me to watch and keeping in contact with me or the family.

Thanks for all the hint hints to come back to Tassie for awhile to see either the new nephew or in Simone's case, that they also have fast food restaurants down there. I shall take it on board and see what happens over the next week and I might just pop on down to say hi and lie in front of the fire once again.

4 comments:

Cullis Family said...

Chris, great to hear you are feeling better and that you might be out of there soon! Take Care

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristen said...

Okay, I will try again, too many typos in the first one!
Even though I am not in Tassie I think Tassie would be a great place for you to be. You should listen to your elders and move on down! Hope you keep getting better.

The Kings said...

Is that comment from Kristen Vellar - getting me all excited as I thought she had a blog, but doesn't really!!!?
Glad you are feeling better Chrish. Can't believe those guys wanting to change the channel - glad you got to watch the crows play - what a bummer you and Dave couldn't go to it - maybe next year.
Hope you get home tomorrow and hopefully you will really get HOME to Tassie later in the week :)