Saturday, September 13, 2008

Summer Ride

It's over 30 degrees out here in the western suburbs today, So what better thing to do than three loads of washing. I'm kidding, but I did do that, but that wasn't the most fun thing that I did.

After hanging all that out and cleaning some, I thought, it's just not right to sit inside and so I pulled the motorbike out for a spin. I never wear protective clothing when it's hot, so shorts, Tshirt and helmet and I was ready. I didn't feel like lugging my wallet and phone around, so left them at home and thought just go around the local area for 15 minutes or so.

It didn't happen, it was way to nice to spend so short a time flying along with the wind rushing past, so I just kept riding, through suburb and suburb. I didn't have a map or anything so I just followed my instinct of where I was heading. Some of the places in orchard hills is pretty much farm land and lots of little streets that just become dead ends, so I just rode and when I hit dead ends, headed another way. What was to be a 15 minute joy ride, turned into over an hour joy ride.

I LOVED IT...Hardly anything better

7 comments:

The Kings said...

30 degrees!!! Wow. Sounds like a nice ride. Guess you aren't selling the bike now then? ;)

Anonymous said...

Ah hem ... I hope you still took your licence without that wallet, you know it is a fine if you dont. And as for it being hot that is NO excuse for not wearing protective clothing. Consider this a scolding young man!

Devin C. said...

30 degrees in September! What sort of bike do you have Chrish?
Check out my blog.

Paige said...

I'd like to see some photographs of this lovely outing. It's fall here and I need a bit of spring cheer.

Simone Triffitt said...

Simon would be so jealous. He misses having a motorbike. Just the weather up there makes me jealous.

The Kings said...

What is Devin going on about - check out his blog!? I tried to check it out but it says you can't access his profile! Come on Devin - what's the story!?!?!? Have we got another blogger or what!?

Country/City Boy said...

Yes Devin and I had this discussion the other night about his blog as well. But we still can't have access. We have the anti blogger, queen bloggger and we could call Dev the phantom blogger. haha.

As for the photos, my camera is in getting repaired after 6 months of not working, so after that we shall have lots of photos to make up for the ones not taken :)