Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Cold Old Tassie

Well I had a pic to post, but have left my cord for my phone at my NSW home, so I guess your just going to get boring old writing for updates while I'm down here.

Lets see what exciting things have been happening. hmm, okay well perhaps I should just start off with whats been happening and leave the exciting part out.

Friday went to visit Eden and see how the new place is coming along that he is building for Uncle Kim and Auntie Deidre. Whilst there he gives me a loaded question " What are you up to" I knew he wouldn't get me to help him and Uncle Kim who were there, but he needed another job done. Seems as though he had Pop and Nan over for tea the night before and he drove to pick them up, swapped to their car to make it easdy for them to get in and out and then after tea drove them home, but had forgotten to bring his car keys back, so took pop and nan's car home again. I was the gopher, he wanted me to swap the cars over for him. I stopped by and had a chat to Steph for awhile and then drove to the big smoke of Deloraine, where I stayed for quite awhile having a chat with Pop and then Pop and Nan when she got home.

Saturday Jared and Bec and Kelsea drove out for a visit which was a suprise, Kelsea wouldn't look at me let alone come to me, I'm the big scary uncle she doesn't know, I did get a little kiss when she left though. Have you realised how cold it is outside? I went to Deloraine High with Eden on sat afternoon as some of the guys from the ward have started a basketball team and so they were going to have some practice. I had a few shots, but after about 10 airballs and one shot in right under the hoop I might add, I decided that was about me for the day and found a spot in the sun to try and stay a little bit warm. The wind was whipping around, so it was quite cold sitting there watching while the boys played some 2 0n 2.

After Tea with Mum and Dad I went up to Eden and Stephs, they had Simon and Simone and their family over for tea and to have Sara over to stay for the night, I crashed there just before they were due to eat, quite good timing if I do say so. The kids were in the bedroom when I was outside and so I tapped on the window and gave them a little fright, Sara goes to Chloe, whose that and Chloe in her little munchin voice goes Chrish.

It was good to catch Simon and Simone there and to have a little chat with them. Poor old Simon has to go on a search and rescue course for a few days out in the snow. Or should I say poor Simone having to be home alone and look after the kids?

No comments: