Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cousin sleep over or a Double Murder at Grandma's and Pa's

Has your curiosity got the better of you and you just had to flick on the blog and see what has happened? It was an interesting night at Mum and Dad's a couple of nights back.
Nicki had come to stay with Little Alex and Maddi and on Tuesday Becky had an appointment with the Dentist, so it was decided that Kelsea would come over and stay for the night. Everything was fine for awhile, but during the afternoon Kels would go "mum gone away" but she would soon recover. She and Maddi were kept entertained by Mum for the afternoon, with Kelsea finally starting to chat to me and bring me things just before her nap. Nicki went out to the car for something and Kelsea went hysterical thinking she had left, Saying "Nicki gone away"
The girls were put down for a little snooze and after awhile I heard some noise from Maddi, so I went in and rescued her, and she goes Chook, pointing out the chicken outside the window. About 5 minutes later I heard Kelsea crying, so I went in and she was calling for her Mum, So I went to get her out of the cot and she started screaming, well I tried again and she screamed louder, so I went out and Mum and Nicki were coming to see what the commotion was, so I go, she doesn't want me. haha.











I had to steal this picture from Lisa's Blog so you could see the two in question
The rest of the night went okay until it came to bedtime. The girls were put down and for the next hour at least, there was at least one of them screaming if not both of them at the same time. One would start a blood curdling scream and then the other (This is where I have to add a footnote for Nicki as she says Maddi is usually really good) would take over. I came down stairs after awhile and Mum and Nicki were playing cards and ignoring the commotion going on.
Well I head back upstairs and after awhile Mum comes upstairs with a big grin on her face and goes Kelsea was saying " Mum gone, then grandma gone, then Nicki gone, then grandpa gone". What she found was hilarious though was that Kelsea was calling out for Uncle Chrish, even though she wouldn't come near me. After awhile Maddi fell asleep and then about 20 minutes later Kels fell asleep.
The next day they were pretty right as rain, they were playing around and dancing with Grandma to the dixie chicks and having a great time. Still couldn't get kels to have much of a chat to me though.
It's lucky Mum and Dad live in the country or the neighbours might have called the police with all the noise and commotion here the last few days. A murder it wasn't, but you could have been forgiven to think it was at times.

4 comments:

The Kings said...

Ha Ha Chrish!!! You obviously have a lot to learn about kids and bedtime!!! It's called 'controlled crying' and it seems like it is anything but in control, hey!! When we put Kobe to bed he SCREAMS the place down for ages, and eventually gives up when realises that we are horrible, mean parents and are going to continue ignoring him! Poor Kels.

Rebecca said...

Oh Chrish!! haha your mum said you'd have a completely different story of the sleep over!! Kels doesn't like ANY men over my height except for Grandpa....its a bit frustrating but I guess she will come around. Toddlers can can be so offensive!!

Anonymous said...

Kelsea was desperate when she called out for you! Ha ha. They slept pretty well once they were screamed out. Maddi was only screaming out of sympathy for Kelsea I think.
Nicki

Anonymous said...

Yes Chrish, it didn't seem like it ,but every thing was under control. Can,t help laugh out loud every time I think of it, and it was lovely having my two little Chickie babes over. I missed them so much when they went home,and my lovely cuddles from little Alex, what a gentle little soul. Mum and Grandma