Thursday, February 7, 2008

The City, Rain and Quietness

Today was the last day of the visiting Kings. We took it pretty easy, lazing around till around 11, when I went and dropped them all off at the train station. We decided it was easier for them to catch the train and for me to drive in with all the bags etc. When I arrived in the city I got a phone call saying they were at Wynyard station and were going to McDonalds for lunch again. I decided I would meet them in the mall as I think I'm all macca'd out for the next year.


A little grey in Sydney town

While I was waiting I went and got a Kebab to eat, and the next few minutes, there was a thunder and lightning storm and it started bucketing down. I had a smile on my face as when we left home it was boiling hot and sunny. I got a text from Aaron about the weather and eventually we met up. Seems as though they bought some more umbrellas again, I think they will have a year or two worth, so if your in need of one, just give them a call. haha.

We decided we would go to centrepoint tower and see the sights, but with the rain we were unsure of what we could see. Up the top we were able to do this little side show, where you sit down and you spin through a few different scenes of Australia. I think Harri quite liked it, I got the bad earphones that only worked in one ear. After this we went to another room and sat in different seats, but kids under 4 and pregnant women aren't allowed to ride them, so they got the non moving seats up the front. You got zoomed through more scenes of Sydney mainly with a few more around Australia, and the chairs moved, to try to make you feel as though you are flying along.


QVB..grand old building




We then went up the tower to the viewing area and had a look around, was quite suprised to see the sun was pretty much out and you could see for miles, which was good. It was quite the view. After spending sometime there We decided to leave, so they could catch a train to the airport and get enough time to check everything in properly and get the wheel chair and seat to the plane with no stress. I had abit of a walk to the car, as I decided the fees right in the city were past my comfort level, and as I was walking it bucketed down again and I got soaked through.



The car heater was turned flat out for the next 15 mins while I tried to dry out. At the airport they decided to leave me to go home, so we hugged and I hit the peak hour traffic. Wasn't too bad tonight playing with the cars actually.

Now I'm home alone, and it seems quiet. What to do with myself? Bored I think, I Have three days before I go back to work.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chrish Yes it will be deathly silent after the Kings have left but it's a lot of fun when they're around. kNow we know where to get a free umbrella!!!!!! We are all looking foward to seeing you at Easter It looks like you all had a fun filled holiday, but the Kings go from one holday to the next Yes i'm jealous,but I like this blogging stuff so I can keep up on all the news Love you lots MUM xxxxxxx

The Kings said...

I'm sure you will enjoy the peace and a clean house without us Chrish!! Thanks heaps for an awesome holiday. We had a fantastic time. Jay was sad when we got home (finally at 10.10pm! - didn't end up leaving till about 8pm!) and said he missed Sydney. Can't wait to see you at Easter and whip your butt on the Wii!!! :)

Carli said...

I think you'll need to sleep for the next week to recover from that visit!

Jess said...

Hey Chrish. I cant believe you actually said you had been mac'd out. shakes head. you can never get enough of mikeyd's...EVER!