Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Trials for Lisa

Ah, you have got to love a sleep in while your on holiday. I think a few of us must have gone to bed late last night, because I got up like after 8, which is kind of unusual. I felt like going back to sleep though.

While Everyone was getting up and between breakfast, I figured with all the rain coming down, I might try to get some more grass seed down and actually get some grass instead of the weeds that are popping up again.

When coming back inside I found to my horror, or should I say Marge's horror, that she had dropped her camera and smashed the lense. I wonder if it was meant to be, perhaps the blogger kids had had enough of their pics being taken finally and subtely sabotaged the camera. Just a thought for anymore blogger kids out there.





We drove to the train station and we had decided because it would be raining all day again, we would head back into the city and have a look at the sights. We caught the snailrail and went into Wynyard, where we were able to peruse another lense for the camera, and it was swapped straight in and went to work.


After lunch we caught a train to Circular Quay and we went and had a look at the opera house. While the Kings were taking in the scenery of the occasion, Noah and I had more on our minds. Noah and I decided the safety of the harbour was of more importance, and we went and checked to make sure the ships at Garden Island were ready in case there was a sneak attack on our famous icons. Alas everything seemed to be in order and we strolled around the opera house.



Noah Checking out what was happening




We ended up going on the ferry to Manly and the boys got some icecream, us older lot decided to hold on and get a boost juice on the way back, but when we arrived at the ferry again, it was closed for the day. What to do, but get an iced chocolate and a massage from the local chinese which needed to be cut short to catch the ferry.

Overall quite a nice day, better than working in the rain for sure.

PPS. Lisa has had a few problems with the net here, I'm thinking she can't wait to get home to blog properly, so her pics and blog will be up early tomorrow Mum.

2 comments:

Clare said...

The boy sound like they've had a blast! I can't believe Lisa broke her camera! OH NO!!!!!!

- The reno's - well Sam cant do as much as me cos he has to work but he and Jim work on it most weekends (and I turn into an assistant):)

Simone Triffitt said...

oh what a great bro you are trying to find Lisa another lense. A bit of excitement for the morning I'll bet.