Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I need a Cow

I heard my family are getting a few cows to share, just thought I'd show Dad my grass that is finally starting to grow and offer the use for agistment if needed :)

You see we have had a little struggle to try to get the side lawn to grow since i've been here. Dad had a crack and I've had a couple of goes, but the rain hasn't been here for ages and water restrictions means watering on wednesdays only. Since Lisa and Aaron came up the rain has come, and so one morning I ran outside and threw some seed down and raked it in. Oh the beauty of a blade or two of grass. The things that amuse us these days, what can I say Sometimes you just get in the mood and want your house to look decent like the next door neighbours

5 comments:

The Kings said...

Chrish! Your lawn has grown heaps since we were up - no wonder with all that rain! You may have to invest in a lawn mower! lol

Country/City Boy said...

I have a lawn mower and whipper snipper, but i'm hoping it might thicken up more before i butcher it, so it stays healthy hopefully

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you Chrish. A sight to behold your lawn now. It goes to show you can't take the country out of the man. Our cows would love that green grass.

Anonymous said...

Chrish, this is the third time I have tried to send you a message. It,s been quitr a saga this lawn aye? It looks like the Royal Botanical Gardens! I know a bit of an exageration, but we have to keep you encouraged. do NOT mow it yet and keep the whipper snipper away from it. Love Mum xxxx

Anonymous said...

You know there's a drought in New Zealand when you have more lawn than me!

Looks good - get it nice and long before you set into it with the lawnmower thought (and don't mow it too short forgodnesssake!)