Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Temple and Gladiators




After the last few days of Glorious Sydney weather I was reminded of this song from the musical Annie, which I've only seen like the once, but some of the chorus stuck with me. Actually I only remembered the first part, but the rest is pretty cool too.

The sun'll come out Tomorrow Bet your bottom dollar That tomorrow There'll be sun! Just thinkin' about Tomorrow Clears away the cobwebs, And the sorrow 'Til there's none! When I'm stuck a day That's gray, And lonely, I just stick out my chin And Grin, And Say, Oh! The sun'll come out Tomorrow So ya gotta hang on 'Til tomorrow Come what may Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love ya Tomorrow! You're always A day A way!

What more can I say, but we have had two days of nice weather, where we were actually able to do things without ponchos and umbrellas. Gotta Love That.

Yesterday We had planned to go to the temple, so Aaron and Lisa could go and do an endowment session at the temple. The boys and I strolled around the temple, went to the distribution and then took a walk over to Carlingford Court, where I let Harri and Jay loose on the pet shot. It's amazing how much time you can fill in when pets are involved, which was good because Noah, had had enough of his chair, so I took him out for a cuddle and to settle him down abit. (Note to myself, kids and pets = time filled in) After quite awhile, we decided to walk upstairs and have a look at EB games, I've been looking for a Nintendo Wii for the last little bit and everywhere I have been, its been sold out. Yep EB was out too and wouldn't be getting anymore anytime soon. There was a new guy there from when I used to do Carlingford and surrounding suburbs for work and so I couldn't swing a deal with my connections.

After this we wandered into target and the boys were let loose on the toys there, so if your in the area, don't buy the toys or at least buy extra batteries, because the toys will be flat :) Next stop lunch, where else but McDonalds and Harri had his chicken nuggets meal again and Jay, suprise suprise had a triple cheese burger meal. I had to drag them back out of the shopping centre to return to the temple, as Jay wanted to go back and see the puppy he had called Blue. Back at the shopping centre, I spotted a car with Tassie plates from Launceston and was thinking who is this, later I asked Lisa who the Tasmanians were, and it Wss uncle Tom and Auntie Ann, who were there with Fillie, while she took out her Endowments.

A quick stop at the distribution and we were off to Parramatta Westfield to have a look around and to fill in time. After stopping at EB and JB HiFi( alas no Wii) we grabbed a smoothie from Boost, a lovely tropical storm and we sat while Aaron and lisa ate. After Lisa decided to go to toys are us, and we wandered in and I headed for the games section, and there was a sign Wii sold out and under it DS sold out. Jay was with me and I said Wii all sold out Jay and the guy working in the next aisle popped his head up and goes, we got some more in today. The purchase was made, and we walked on out.


We had to hurry to our next adventure, and thats what it was a huge adventure. We were off to see Gladiators get filmed and how much work do you need for a show. We were pretty well looked after as we had Noah and were told where the good seats were. Funny how we had to cheer on cue and things and then redo it, Perhaps Reality tv isn't so bad after all. No recording advices were allowed inside, so Lisa missed out but Aaron and I smuggled a few shots with our phones. One girl was seen taking shots though and a guard to her to the back and looked at all of her pics.








The time for setting up for the show and doing retakes are a killer and one of the hosts Zoe Naylor, who was pretty cute, came over and said hi to the boys and told us that it gets pretty long and we could leave when we wanted to, what a nice lady.




We lasted like two of the different segments and we left early as we were all tired of it.
After the boys had left to go to bed Aaron and I set up the wii and had a go. Was pretty funny to play and to watch. Lisa was a crackup when she had a go, she was beating us and along with being over tired, she was cracking up and just about weeing herself, and at one stage had to go running off to the toilet and you could hear her cracking up even after she had gone. Fun for the whole family.

No comments: