Thursday, February 7, 2008

It's a Zoo out there

Well actually, it's was just Taronga Zoo




Another day of bright sun greeted us as we opened our bleery eyes this morning after a night of action.

Today was the day that the kings had basically come up for, today was Zoo day. We had put this day off to the end of the trip, after reading the weather reports and watching them, hoping just for a glimmer of sunshine.

We decided to just drive to Mosman, instead of PT'ing it. To run the tolls or to just take the toll, that was a big decision to make, you have no idea how many tolls you can hit between here and Sydney, going the m7,m2 , lane cove tunnel etc and we were in the car and not in the truck where we have our Etag and it doesn't bother how many tolls we hit. We decided, quickest the best and racked up the tolls. First order of the day was to buy a hat from the zoo, kind of ironic after the last few days really.




This old man was the well behaved chimp, right next to him we had another who was picking his nose and eating it. Lisa added this into her blog, but left out an important part of the story that she thought was to gross for her page, so Aaron told me I needed to add it into mine. This poor Chimp was a little hungry you see and in this world of recycling he had just gone to the toilet and poo'd and he decided to scrape it back up into his hand and recycled it by re eating it again.
Aaron kept on going on about the scenery all day and how at the zoo you had this great place and how you would just look down and have the harbour and the bridge and opera house. I see his point, it is quite spectacular
Just getting ready to pounce
I think Jalen decided this was the best day ever, we even got to stop at the shop on the way out and the boys got to buy a toy each.

As you can see I was left to my own devices of entertainment on the way home. Everyone was tuckered out after walking for hours and decided to have a snooze. Lucky for me I had a few skills and the phone came out to snap the dastardly deed.

We were home by 4.30 after beating the peak hour flow, and Lisa was off to work her blog, after awhile I had to make her clear off the dining room table, so we could eat, and straight after she went back to it. You should be proud of her, only took like 4 hrs to do everything to get the blog running to scratch. haha, the things we do.


1 comment:

Clare said...

Hey chrish- I was just using a hand saw as I am too impatient to wait for a chainsaw- and should have cut it down when Sam was there (I forgot to put a rope around it and he could have done that) I tell you what it sucks! It hurts standing on it cos all the blood rushes down(plus scared of stiches breaking) so I am forsed to sit aroujnd with my leg raised watching tv and reading- Why is that never any fun when you are forced to do it? :) You guys look like you are having such fun you want it to last forever!