Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Drive in the country side




Sometimes you wonder why your getting paid, then realise because you clocked on :) This morning I was given my work for the day and it was only like 5 deliveries, but as per usual we were waiting on Melbourne freight to turn up. There was like 6 of us guys standing around, then sitting around waiting and waiting. Luckily for us, we had a barbecue put on for us this morning. I started at 6am and at 11am I had my 5 deliveries and I was off.
Just waiting for a guy who pushed in front of me wanting his motorbikes first



After my lovely motorbikes at Windsor I headed up the mountains, well the kind of mountains, I drove and drove and drove until I came to lovely Bilpin. Bilpin reminded me the Huon, they have all of these fruit orchards and little shops and side carts selling the produce. I once went through a few years ago but paid no attention as my focus was further up in Lithgow.

I had a delivery to this guy and when I arrived the Sherriff's were on his doorstep, they were booting him out of the house and the locksmith was there changing the locks so he couldnt get back in. He came running down and was unsure of himself and goes can you do me a favour. I didn't realise what was happening and thought maybe he wanted the goods around the back, but he wanted me to deliver it to a local store for him. I said what about your car, but it was chockers with clothes and bags and he still had to fit the dog in. The sherriff was asking him what he was going to do with the guinea pig and he told them to tip the cage over and let it go free, they weren't impressed with his answer. I felt kind of bad for him, so I told him I'd follow him back down the road and deliver it there.



My little country town servo and they were out of fuel, luckily for me I had enough to get me back :)
I thought I need a new fruit bowl, but alas there was just fruit, false advertising if you ask me :)
The swing sets looked nice and enticing though, but should I risk playing? I thought you might get to enticed and stay the arvo, so I quickly turned my back on the fun


After an exhaustive search I was able to track down the elusive Bilpin Mountain Apple, it put up a fight, but with my powers I was able to break it's back or should I say stalk? It was Red and it was delicious
The lovely Hawkesbury valley, it felt like I was nearly back to civilisation once again

3 comments:

The Kings said...

What a crack up!! Interesting day for you! :)

Anonymous said...

Chrish Ilove the lawn!!! You,ve really persevered with it. I feel like I,ve been there from the beginning with it, and now EUREKA!! Sounds like a very interesting day for you also. Guess what? I have nener seen it before, like similarities between looks of my kids, but I think you look a little like Eden, What do you think? No, yes? Love Mum xxxx

make it perfect said...

hahaha! you saw a sherriffs arrest! should have asked for the guinea pig to take home and run around in your new lawn!