Sunday, February 10, 2008

Time of Year

This time of year has got to be one of the best times of year. The weather is still pretty nice(apart from the rain we've had lately) and we have the cricket and AFL and NRL all coming to the end or starting, so you have a smorgasboard of viewing.

Last night I set my alarm on my phone for 1am, Crazy thing to do, but up here You don't get your AFL on tv, until close to midnight most games, unless it's the swans. Well this morning it was the Crows and Pies in the NAB cup, so up I got. Luckily for me, I set it when I did, The Crows were down at quarter time by a point. I was soon on the case and my support soon paid off, a half time lead of 47 soon ensued. The boys were firing, at three quarter time with a 3 goal breeze the way of the pies, we only dropped 2 points. The last quarter was a classic, we pumped them. Crows by 81 Quite satisfactory for a preseason game, but will hold the applause for the new boys for later in the year.

The Kings in the NBL are going great guns as well, wrapped up the minor already games ago, and have only lost 3 games all year, it all abodes well for a fine year.

Yes I admit it, I'm a Sports Freak


1 comment:

The Kings said...

You are as bad as Aaron - although I'm glad he doesn't have to get up at 1am to watch the AFL!